Article May 2, 2023
2023 Construction Safety Week | Mario
It’s Construction Safety Week, and Preston is celebrating by recognizing team members who stand out for keeping safety top of mind.
Meet Preston Foreman Mario.
1. What does the safety week theme “Strong Voices, Safe Choices” mean to you?
To me, it means everyone has the right to speak up if they see something that is dangerous and make corrections as needed.
2. What do you do to ensure you’re working safely each day?
I make sure to communicate with the crew the plan of the day and walk the job site with my team. We always make sure that we are using the right tools for the right job.
3. Why is safety important in the workplace?
We need to ensure we get home to our families. They expect us to come back home the way we left for work each day.
4. What motivates you to work safely?
What motivates me to work safely is my family and my team. They count on me.
5. What does safety mean at Preston?
Safety means ensuring that everyone is on the same page and maintaining excellent communication with one another.
Whether you have an inquiry about our services, pricing, needing engineering expertise, or anything else, our team is ready to answer all of your questions.